CELOP Alumni: Where are they now? Aziza Sattarova (Aziza), Tashkent, Uzbekistan.

in Highlight
May 6th, 2019

CELOP Alumna Aziza Sattarova

1. What is your name?

My name is Aziza Sattarova, but call me Aziza.

2. Where are you from?

I am from Tashkent, Uzbekistan.

3. Where do you live now?

I still live Tashkent.

4. When and for how long did you study at CELOP?

I studied in the Intensive English Language program that lasted 12 weeks.

5. Why did you choose CELOP?

I chose CELOP because of its diverse community, programs, staff members, location, and opportunities it provides for students. Take, for example, libraries. Thanks to CELOP, I was able to study in libraries of other universities.

6. What were some of the things you liked most about CELOP? Do you have a favorite memory?

My favorite part of education in CELOP was teachers’ interactions with students. I was delighted to see how willing they were to communicate with students and share their knowledge. I did not feel like it was “summer school for children” instead I felt teachers behaved like they were on the same level and treated equally everyone. Moreover, they were pleased to work even after their working hours or schedule an appointment. One of the brightest memories was book section (right on the opposite side of advisor’s office) where students could borrow books for free, bring their books for others, or even take it without return. Personally, this opportunity helped me in preparation for my exams.

7. In what ways did CELOP help you prepare for what you are doing now?

It helped me to improve my knowledge of the English language in a pretty decent short period.

8. Where did you attend college for your undergraduate degree? What was your major and when did you graduate?

I got into Northeastern University and will be majoring in pharmaceutical sciences as part of the class of 2023.

9. Where are you working/studying now?

Currently, I am graduating from high school.

10. Tell us about what you want to do in the future. What is your dream job?

I am planning to become a doctor, and for accomplishing my dream, I will apply for medical school after my education at Northeastern University.

11. What was your favorite thing to do in Boston?

The predominant part of my time I dedicated to my studies, so mostly I just walked around the city. Honestly, Boston is one of the brightest places I have ever visited (trust me I have traveled a lot, and I know when the place is worth it). Boston has vast gardens full of squirrels, ducks, and various kinds of birds. When I had time or needed to feel better, Boston itself helped me. This place is just magical!

12. What was your favorite restaurant in Boston?

Unfortunately, I did not go to any restaurants during my visit to Boston, but I do remember when my brother brought me cheesecakes from Cheese Cake Factory on my birthday, and it was delicious!

13. What would you tell someone who is thinking about studying at CELOP but is unsure?

Well, from what I understood during summer 2018, you can be whatever you want in CELOP. CELOP does not push you always to study; it rather gives you space to decide what you want to do. Why do you consider education in the US? In accordance with your goals, CELOP can help you achieve it with their activities, programs, staff members, advisors, and support. The program that CELOP provides for students is not based on failing you but helping you to succeed. So, the successful result of education in CELOP only relies on you and CELOP would do everything to make you feel comfortable.