CELOP Current Student – Paweerisa Patibut (Kae), Thailand

in Highlight
April 9th, 2019

CELOP student Paweerisa Patibut (Kae)

1. What is your name?

My name is Paweerisa Patibut, but my nickname is Kae (I know that Thai names are crazy long, so we usually have nicknames)

2. Where are you from?

I moved to Boston from Bangkok, but I’m not originally from Bangkok.  My hometown is in the northeast of Thailand called Sisaket. I moved to Bangkok to study and work for 12 years ago.

3. What program are you currently enrolled in at CELOP?

I’m currently enrolled in the intensive 12-week 25 hours English program, and now I’m getting sad because my program is going to finish on April 24, 2019 – only three more weeks! ☹

4. What’s your favorite place on campus at Boston University?

It sounds funny, but I like to go to the Thai restaurants around the campus to try Thai food and compare which one is better.

5. What do you like most about CELOP?

I have to say that I like so many things about CELOP. The program, the teachers, and staff offer a lot of support. The standard of learning is outstanding, and the success rate is very high which I can see from many students from CELOP getting into universities and colleges in the U.S.

6. Why did you choose CELOP?

My boyfriend is American and originally suggested it as an option.  After that, I started to do some research, and eventually I found the “CELOP Alumni: Where are they Now?” There was an article about Ariyaporn Lertariyanunt, a former Thai student. When I finished reading, I just decided to apply without hesitation.

7. Where did you attend college for your undergraduate degree? What was your major and when did you graduate?

I graduated from the Rajamangala University of Technology Tawan-ok: Chakrabongse Bhuvanarth Campus in Bangkok, Thailand a long time ago for my bachelor’s degree and my major was accounting.

8. Tell us about what you want to do in the future. What is your dream job?

I think I will eventually rejoin my employer, PricewaterhouseCoopers in Thailand, because I have taken study leave to come here and try to improve my English and get into a good business school.  It should help my career path in the future if I can finish my master’s degree. I have already had my dream job, of course, as an accountant and tax consultant.

9. What is your favorite thing to do in Boston?

I’m living with my boyfriend’s family, an American family. Usually, I spend my weekend with them by having dinner and sometimes cooking Thai food for them. I also like to hang out with my classmates who I met at CELOP and now we have become good friends. Moreover, I also have a close friend from Asia living in Quincy now, and it is great to spend time with her again.

10.What is your favorite restaurant in Boston?

I’m an ugly Asian, craving for Thai and Asian food all the time. So, Thai Basil restaurant is one of my favorite restaurants. I also like Gyu-Kaku Japanese BBQ because my Japanese friends from Fall 2018 semester took me there. The food was delicious.

11. What would you tell someone who is thinking about studying at CELOP but is unsure?

Do not hesitate to apply to CELOP! Just come to be a part of CELOP’s family! I’m so sure that you will love being here!  Having new friends from different countries, a new culture, and a new environment at CELOP has been the best experience in my life. You will be amazed at how fast your English improves.